Sunday, December 3, 2017

EFFERVESCENT FREE



We found each other
wrong time
wrong place
again it happened
standing there face to face
you smiled at me 
and took my breath away
to a place I could never stay
though I didn't know
how far from me
you really were
or why you could not
come through 
to feel me touch me
be with me
hold me shield me
and spare me from
 emotion spears of night
or the hard hitting 
waves of day
because maybe you 
were those waves
and maybe even the spears 
or so it seemed many times 
out there falling floating
into nothingness and more
find me on the floor
saved from hurt being 
and fix this thing that you 
brought upon me
make it right make me well
 and so we can both
feel the effervescence of free
and know true the me that
you found inside a dreamspace
clamoring to be
was it so long ago?




© copyright Kaye Manro 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment